Today we'd love the share the recipe for a delicious cake with you!
It's a sweet, tangy cake with a hint of almond, for everyone who loves marzipan... You will enjoy this cake ! ;-)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- About 0.75 lbs rhubarb ( 士 350 grams)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for serving, if desired
- Pre-heat your oven to 180℃. Line the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with a round of parchment paper. Then generously coat the parchment paper and the sides of the springform pan with butter. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat 1 cup of the sugar and the butter on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then beat in the yogurt, orange zest and all the extracts.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the cake batter, adding in about one-third at a time, mixing on low speed until no more white streaks remain. Set aside.
- Cut the rhubarb stalks into regular pieces.
- Spread about half of the cake batter in an even layer on the bottom of your prepared springform pan. The batter will be thick and creamy. Layer about half of the rhubarb on top. Then spread the remaining cake batter over the rhubarb. Arrange the remaining rhubarb pieces on top. Sprinkle the sliced almonds and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top of the cake.
- Transfer the cake to your pre-heated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove the cake form the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, run a spatula around the outer edge of the cake and release the sides of the springform pan.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve with a generous dusting of powdered sugar !
Serve with a flowery tea and cherish the memories you make ...
Let us know if you tried this recipe! We'd love to hear from you!
Love & Blessings,
The Three Little Women